Blinds vs Curtains | Which are Best for Your Home?
Curtains or Blinds? That’s the question. Here at Concorde Blinds, we understand that it can be a daunting decision and one that could take you months. When making important decisions like this, it's important to remember what you want from these blinds. Do you want them to have a blackout lining? Do you want bold bright designs? In this article, we’re going to look at the differences between curtains and blinds to try and make your decision that little bit easier.
The Benefits of Blinds
A blind is a type of window covering, available in many different styles, colours and patterns. Some popular styles include; Venetian blinds, roman blinds, roller blinds, and horizontal blinds. They’re perfect for those looking to control the amount of light entering a room. Here are 5 other benefits of installing blinds into your home,
- Blinds are available in an array of different styles and designs - you’re guaranteed to find something that suits your style and needs!
- They come with optional safety features.
- They’re very effective in offering privacy. Blinds are opaque, which denies outsiders of an opportunity to peep inside your home.
- Blinds enhance energy efficiency. Whether it is the scorching months of summer or the blistery winter, blinds always come in handy. During summer, they block the heat from passing through your window. On the other hand, in the cold season, they help in insulating the room and keeping it warm. This cuts down energy costs.
- Blinds are affordable.
The Benefits of Curtains
Curtains, a piece of material used to screen a window, controlling the amount of light entering the room. Typically, suspended from a curtain pole above the window, allowing one to pull the material sideways to open and close. Here are a few benefits to installing curtains around your home,
- Curtains are easy to customise. They’re available in different colours and shades, so there’s no need to worry when it comes to finding something you’ll love.
- You are able to move the curtains with ease, placing them anywhere you wish. Whether it’s your kitchen or bedroom, curtains are easy to work with.
- They are also efficient in light control. Whether you want a bright room full of natural light or a dull room, curtains can fix that for you.
- Curtains help in controlling the room temperature, especially linen curtains.
Common Types of Curtains
Curtains…. Where do we start? Elegant, stylish and practical are just three words that come to mind when we think of curtains. There are so many types of curtains to choose from, to make your decision that little bit easier we are going to give you a little insight into the top three types of curtains.
More commonly known as “eyelet curtains”, grommet curtains provide your home with that touch of style and elegance. This type of curtain has a row of silver rings in the header of the material, where they’re hung from on the curtain pole. This style of curtain is perfect for light to medium weight fabrics.
Goblet Pleat Drapes
A triple-pinch pleat which looks great in all rooms! Their simple yet delicate design is the perfect way to uplift any room. The pleats are made to look like glass, hence the name Goblet Pleat Drapes. Perfect for your bedroom, living room or even your dining room.
Whilst a trend of the past, sheer curtains are making a big come back this year, popping up in homes across the nation. Whilst not being great at blocking the views of the people walking past or those neighbours, they do abstract the view. Their delicate style and a wide variety of colours are big benefits for buyers, enabling them to find something for them no matter their style or preference.
Common Types of Blinds
There are curtains for all occasions, one to suit all styles. Here at Concorde Blinds, we have a wide variety of blinds including;
- Conservatory blinds
- Duette blinds
- Duo roll blinds
- Metal blinds
- Perfect fit/Intu
- Pleated blinds
- Roller blinds
- Roman blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Wooden Venetian blinds
Now that’s a lot! You’re guaranteed to find something that you’ll love. Each type of blind has its own benefits and preferred use, so working out which one is best for you is a little bit easier.
Are you tired of having to close all your blinds every night and opening them every morning? Well, no more. We now offer and supply high-quality motorised blinds, so you can now close your blinds at the click of a button.
Skylights are a great way to flood your room with natural light, however, trying to control the amount of light can be difficult. Installing roof window blinds can help you to reduce the amount of light when you wish. Getting ready for that movie night? No worries, just close your skylight blinds to create that perfect atmosphere for movie night in.
Roller blinds are a great way to spruce up any room. They’re available in a wide variety of colours and patterns so you can find that perfect blind for you. Their simple design is both stylish and practical, best of both worlds.
Would you like to take a look at our full range of blinds? Well, head over to our Blinds page to find out more. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch today on 01234 841535 where one of our friendly team members will get to you as soon as possible.